Hey Yall!!!! I missed all of you and I missed blogging the last few weeks due to flu and sinusitis….I told you pollen and I have a love/hate relationship…lol…however, I’m back…nothing can keep me down for too long! I’m so glad to be back! What have you been cooking while I was away?
This post will be short but super sweet! I want to give you one more of what I call a cool weather recipe yet it tastes great in any season. It can be made anytime and it really hits the spot during the summer with a cold scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. I found the original recipe in one of Paula Dean’s recipe books a while ago. Although it tastes great as is, I thought it needed something. The original recipe didn’t include any spices or flavoring. So I decided to add my own twist to this great yet quick classic. You can change the spices to suit your taste or leave them out altogether.
I’ve had a lot of friends tell me how they’ve enjoyed it and it’s always a hit when the family gets together! Let me know what you think. Did I mention that it takes less than an hour from start to finish?….well it does and it’s so worth it! Let’s cook!
Easy Peach Cobbler
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of self rising flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup of whole milk
3 cups of sliced peaches in the syrup
- Place the stick of butter in a baking dish (9 x 13). Place it in the oven on 350° F. Allow the butter to melt. (It will only take a few minutes).
- While the butter is melting, in a large medium mixing bowl, combine the next five ingredients. No need to sift if you use a large fork to stir. Just make sure it’s combined well.
- Create a well in the bowl and add your milk slowly to avoid lumps. Stirring the mixtures until it comes together. Then add your vanilla.
- The butter should have melted by now and been removed from the oven. Yes, you will now add the wet mixture to the baking dish while it’s hot. Now spoon the peaches on top of the mixture…DO NOT STIR…pour the syrup over the entire mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes on 350° F. It will be golden brown and bubbly when done.
- Enjoy hot or wait until it cools a little so you won’t burn your mouth. Smile…it always makes me smile.
Sometimes, I just can’t wait until it cools. It’s so delicious. You can use just about any fruit in this quick recipe. It can be fresh, frozen, or canned. I’ve tried them all and it works well with each.